Dursley Open Door Club
I’ve helped at the Open Door charity for more years than I care to remember. It’s always been very rewarding and great fun. Like many other charities we are in need of some new blood and I wondered if anyone in the village would be interested in helping. Details of our activities can be found in the advert below and I’m happy to answer any queries you might have. Here’s hoping!
DURSLEY OPEN DOOR CLUB
WE ARE LOOKING FOR NEW VOLUNTEERS TO HELP US CONTINUE MAKING A DIFFERENCE!
What we do:
- We provide a social club for adults with learning and/or physical disabilities to give their parents and/or carers a break
Where and when we do it:
- We meet weekly at Dursley Tabernacle Church on a Tuesday evening from 7.30 to
9 p.m. where we help members enjoy a wide range of activities from darts to dancing. We also take members to local shows and have an annual day trip.
What we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers over the age of 18 who want to help organise the activities and/or provide transport to our members.
What you will get from being involved:
- Enjoyment and fun – our club members really love coming to the club and meeting the volunteers!
- Flexibility – you don’t have to commit to volunteering every week.
- It’s a great opportunity to get involved in your local community and is a rewarding experience for all.
How do I get in touch:
- Contact Lesley Cooke – 01666 890261 / email email@example.com or look at our website: www.dursleyopendoor.org.uk to see what we do